BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Commercial Officer
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: up to £33,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide commercial support and contract administration to a project or business stream
- Forming and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Prepare and support the preparation and presentation of LCM reviews and ‘Request for Bid Approval’, ensuring the necessary approvals are obtained within governance of the operational framework
- Supporting the Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals
- Assist in negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Ability to follow up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- Commitment to meet deadlines and targets
- Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure that all key terms and conditions are flowed down to the sub-contractors
Your skills and experiences:
- Ability to work in varied team
- Attention to detail and good numeracy skills
- Good Communication skills
- Any previous experience with Commercial awareness / Bidding or contracts processes / techniques
- Strong stakeholder management and Experience in Contracts / Contract Management or MOD processes
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Commercial Services Team:
You will be working on the delivery of maintenance programs in the Royal Navy Dockyard with exposure to a multitude of projects – such as T45 destroyers, QEC or legacy ship platforms. So, lots of variety but you can also focus on specific projects. Exposure to bidding phase. Good opportunity to build experience in other areas. Lots of opportunity to gain experience across wider business. Training and progression – Accredited Commercial Developing You (CDY) training course. Good opportunity to network outside of team. IACCM – now replaced with World Commerce and Contracting Association qualification to become a commercial practitioner.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.