Air - Solution Architect
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Junior Solutions Architect
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role
Salary: £48,348 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Report to the IM&T FCAS System Design Authority
- Maintain domain expertise to be able to drive business and programme objectives in line with the industry best practice
- Support the development of the technology standards and roadmaps across the workplace portfolios
- Assist with internal and external IT Supplier management around technical governance and technical expectations
- Definition of the solution architecture and design for service to meet business requirements, within the constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Provide architectural expertise, and assistance to the IM&T FCAS programme teams, engineering teams and peers across BAE Systems Architecture community
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of modern hybrid cloud standards and principles
- Experience of cyber security focused design
- Experience in systems engineering, network design and development
- Understanding of SCRUM and agile software development methodologies desirable
- Awareness of quality standards such as ISO9001 and ISO20001
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
This is an exciting time to join Team Tempest on our journey as a UK partnership that brings together core partners representing the very best of British industry – BAE Systems, Leonardo UK, Rolls-Royce, MBDA UK and the MOD. Together we’re working in partnership to generate the technologies and experience required for the UK to lead the development of a next generation combat air system.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.