IM%26T - Cyber Security Practitioner
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IM&T - Cyber Security Practitioner
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid working, 2-days per fortnight on site)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the implementation and on-going requirements for the Portable Electronic Device policy (PED), and relevant security controls in relation to Information Protection Zones (IPZ)
- Supporting day-to-day operation of the Identity & Access Management (IdAM) & Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Product Group, Incident Resolution, & Transactional demand driven by business requirements and end user access issues relating to classified information
- Supporting and delivering the Cyber Security Strategic Vision through existing and future capability.
- Exploiting current & future toolsets in support of Incident Response and Management Capability and supporting the delivery of a forensic analysis capability
- Delegated responsibilities from the Product Manager/Deputising for Product Manager as required
- Facilitating Specialist Working Groups, drawing subject matter expertise from the business and customers, and developing/improving Cyber Security policies and guidance
- Consulting with major IT Projects and Programmes, ensuring they comply with Cyber Security policies
- Monitoring Cyber Security controls against policy to ensure their effective operation
Your skills and experiences:
- Good knowledge of Cyber Security and working with networks/systems/software packages
- Strong IT/Information Management experience and gathering and analysing, composing reports and delivering presentations
- Good problem solving & communication skills in a technical environment, with confidence presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- Experience of the implementation, or operation of Cyber Security policies
- Holding a CISM, CISA or CISSP qualification would be beneficial
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cyber Security team:
The Cyber Security Team supports the Submarines Business in terms of advice and guidance relating to the Security of Information on the Programmes, and across the wider enterprise. We advise and support users on their personal responsibilities and utilise the controls in place to ensure we meet our contractual obligations to the customer. Working closely with our IT support partners and suppliers we resolve user / business raised incidents related to the controls we have in place. You can join us at an exciting time, as our future plans over the next 5 years are for the function to increase its operations, exploiting our current capability, and from the introduction of the latest Security technology.
As a Cyber Security Practitioner, you will be involved in the analysis of Information Security requirements and the assessment of compliance with these requirements, developing action plans to address identified non-compliances. You will also identify improvement opportunities and ensure their implementation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.