Quality Leader - Reactor
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Quality Leader - Reactor
Location: Barrow-in-Furness – this is primarily a dayshift role with the potential need to be flexible for other shifts
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Technical Authority for the department
- Provide governance for department processes
- Collaboration with external bodies
- Approval of external Processes & Procedures
- Internal audit of Inspection process adherence
- Provide Technical guidance and support for the team
- Lead Research and Development into new ways of working
- Ensure Department meet external standards (ISO, PCN, CSWIP etc)
Your skills and experiences:
- Trade background / quality experience with the ability to demonstrate suitable experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Submarines Solutions Quality requirements
- Proven ability to re-engineer and improve processes
- Reactor background
- Experience of problem solving
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Submarines Quality Team:
We are the preferred supplier of nuclear-powered submarines to the UK Government, with an extensive order book. This role provides an opportunity within the Quality department working on Submarines.
In this role you will report to the Quality manager, you will provide technical guidance for the inspection team and act as the liaison between the department and customer.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.