Procurement Manager – Bid and Proposals
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Manager – Bid and Proposals
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £47940 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing supply chain strategies / negotiation plans / make vs buy reviews
- Sourcing and engaging suppliers
- Creating and updating of procurement plans
- Requesting for Quotation and Subcontract creation and negotiation ensuring the correct flow down of appropriate Terms and Conditions from the prime contract
- Providing appropriate supply chain related inputs into internal reviews
- Leading and managing supplier response evaluation activities to identify the best value for money solutions
- Engaging and supporting stakeholders to generate, negotiate and where appropriate, place contracts with selected suppliers, including agreeing scope, contracting frameworks, prices and delivery schedules
- Managing Supply Chain risk and opportunities
Your skills and experiences:
- The ability to develop Supply Chain strategies to support business objectives and goals
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to negotiate terms and conditions
- Broad engineering knowledge would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Working knowledge of SAP
- MICPS qualified or working towards qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Project Procurement team:
This role is part of the Underwater Weapons Project Procurement Team. We are responsible for procuring a diverse range of goods and services from strategic and key suppliers to support various programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.