Senior Quality Inspector - Pipe
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior QC Inspector - Pipe
What you’ll be doing:
- Within inspection, on Astute boats inspecting products and managing product safety during building and test / commissioning phases
- Undertake routing and complex inspections with autonomy – major component of the platform builds and performance critical to the overall product
- Record results and measure outputs, driving compliance throughout inspection activities
- Support process reviews in the spirit of continuous improvements which will be encouraged
- Verification of components within SAP System
- Be clear and apply actions in accordance with SHE Policy including risk and COSHH assessments
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (NVQ)
- Applied experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Demonstrable experience in inspection activities
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Quality Inspection team:
The Quality Inspection Team has an amazing opportunity for a candidate that has an interest in working with our Submarine sector at Barrow-In-Furness.
You will be provided with the opportunity to work on the Astute class programme and help shape and implement the future of the programme.
In this role you will be tasked with, inspecting products, and managing product safety during building and test / commissioning phases. There will be emerging opportunities to become involved in coaching activities. Environment – blended between product and office environment, opportunity to work autonomously within the parameters of a Senior QC Inspector.
Potential to develop to Principal QC Inspector – of which we have trade specific, to benchmark yourself for development to the next level. Regular performance reviews and development, an opportunity to really demonstrate your competency through on-the-job experiences.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation