Data %26 Analytics Functional Forward Team Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Data & Analytics Team Manager
Location: Preston or Farnborough, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: From £60,000+
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate business questions of our stakeholders into technical requirements, and take the lead on designing solutions to address new and challenging business questions and needs
- Be accountable for successful delivery of a portfolio of data & analytics work for one or more of our company Group Functions such as PM, Engineering, Finance, ESG etc
- Manage a team of between 10 and 20 Data Analysts. Take a key role in building a high performing team culture in which we leverage our skills and expertise, continually develop our people and encourage everyone to work to their full potential
- Ensure that the work of the team is conducted according to our project and technical processes, and meets our standard of technical excellence
- Engage with our Data Services team to define requirements for data sets and data provision to support analytics products
- Build and manage relationships with our senior stakeholders and partners, and leverage these to support successful delivery
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to turn business questions into data & analytics requirements and designing solutions to meet these
- Experience of planning and then leading delivery of a portfolio of data & analytics projects across the lifecycle through requirements capture design, development and testing and moving them into service
- Experience of managing a team of Data Analysts, including tasking, performance management, and developing people
- Experience of supporting stakeholders to define a data & analytics aspirations over a multi-year timeframe to support their broader strategy
- A passion for continuous improvement and in how tools, people and processes come together to build a leading capability
- Degree in a numerate subject or relevant experience that demonstrates a numerate and analytical mind-set
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Data & Analytics Shared Service is at the heart of our company data landscape, bringing together data from our global operations and generating a broad range of insights to inform key business decisions.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us on our exciting journey as we expand our scope to support more business stakeholder groups, develop new service offerings and leverage new technologies.
We are looking for an experienced data analytics manager to lead a talented team of Analysts in design, delivery, and continuous improvement across a portfolio of data insights projects.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to leverage your leadership skills, take the lead on engagements with senior stakeholders, and use your creativity and subject matter expertise to design solutions to address new and challenging business questions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.