Supply Chain Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Portsmouth/Broad Oak
Salary: Up to £53,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Supply Chain support into new business bids and campaigns, identifying supply chain partners, developing supplier/teaming agreements, negotiation of contract flow-downs, risk management and associated commercial negotiations
- Develop relationships with key project personnel to become the supply Chain ‘Point of Contact’ for the project teams
- To plan all procurement activity for the business in conjunction with the technical and Project Management teams making sure timescales and lead times are embedded in the project plan
- Lead effective communications and employee engagement
- Manage the project life-cycle, ensuring deliverables are met, and amendments are implemented. To close out Contracts at end of life with no enduring liabilities.
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience with stakeholder management at various levels in a professional capacity
- Experience in pre-contract award and procurement activities
- Team management experience
- Previous contract management experience
- MCIPS or working towards would be desirable however is not essential
- Relevant SAP experience or similar is preferred
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Supply Chain team:
With this role you have the opportunity to join an exciting New business unit within our Engineering Services area. You will be influencing the future direction of the team. You will be joining a small, dynamic team with direct reports with the view for the team to scale in the future. This role covers all areas of the Maritime industry – supporting on numerous Royal Navy surface ships, submarines, and carriers. Hybrid working options are available with this role given you the independence of planning your days.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.