IM%26T Manager - Security
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: IM&T Manager - Security
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £54,000 dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCCP) requirements of Dreadnought Alliance and DSST suppliers through comprehensive assurance activities. Capture, report and manage cyber security risk including the delivery of mitigations
- Maintaining the accreditation of Dreadnought core information systems through the management of Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) via the Defence Accreditation & Risk Tool (DART)
- Leading on and/or supporting current and future business information compliance improvement initiatives including those around Dreadnought information framework change projects, records management, and file plan improvements. To include classified hard-copy file/document registration and protection
- Be the Dreadnought Subject Matter Expert/advisor on business (core and non-core) information systems Security Operating Procedures (SyOps), IT Security Management Plans and cyber security instructions
- As part of the Insider Threat Mitigation Plan, leading on all Alliance & DSST information security/cyber security education and training whilst striving to achieve and maintain a first-class security culture across the business
Your skills and experiences:
- Relevant IT degree or business degree, experience in consultancy or people management position
- Experience in defence organisation, industry, or ministry
- Familiar of information security policy
- Relevant experience in Information
- Membership of a professional body
- Awareness of business unit policies and processes
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Dreadnought Alliance team:
The Dreadnought Alliance (DNA). Responsible for delivering the Dreadnought Programme, to replace the current Vanguard platforms and maintain Continuous at Sea Deterrence (CASD); consisting of design, build, testing and commissioning of the four new platforms and initial support and training arrangements. Launched in Apr 18, the Dreadnought Programme is being delivered under an Alliance formed between the SDA, BAE Systems and Rolls-Royce. This construct has formed because of recommendations outlined in the Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR 2015) - to harness effective working relationships between MOD and industrial partners to improve performance.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.