Principal Manufacturing Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Principal Manufacturing Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce enabling processes policies and training to allow delivery of programmes in line with the business manufacturing strategy
- Work with deployed manufacturing engineering teams to govern the application of processes and policies
- Engaging with the relevant stakeholders across multiple large-scale programmes to scope and develop requirements.
- Working with the relevant stakeholders to develop and improve Manufacturing Engineering capability within the submarines business and BAE systems partners
Your skills and experiences:
- Solid understanding of Manufacturing Engineering principals including design for manufacture, dimension management & control, variance analysis, and failure mode effects and analysis
- Experience assessing facility manufacturing capability
- Experience implementing manufacturing change in large, multi-programme businesses
- Experience with large assembly manufacturing
- HNC / HND /Degree Plus significant experience in Manufacturing Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Principal Manufacturing Engineer team:
As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will focus on the scoping and delivery of processes, user guides and training related to the key principals of manufacturing engineering. This will include design for manufacture, failure modes and effects analysis and various other process related to design.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.