Product Safety Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Safety Risk Engineer
Location: Portsmouth (or wider southern area), Filton or Scotstoun. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £47,940 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide credible advice and guidance to the Engineering Authority on product safety and integrity aspects of the products and services delivered by BAE Systems Digital Intelligence to our customers, ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process, cognisant of the whole product lifecycle.
- Support the cultivation of Safety Integrity Arguments for all products and services delivered by Digital Intelligence, employing all required facets of the Product Safety Lifecycle as defined in the business Safety and Integrity Management Plan and in accordance with the BAE Systems Product Safety Policy;
- Be capable of resolving a range of product safety engineering issues and problems in developed technologies with a high degree of technical autonomy, compiling technical reports and accompanying presentations.
- Ensure Product Safety / Integrity Case documentation is maintained as required to support design assurance and certification.
- Ensure project compliance with UK and International Legislation and local regulations.
- Keep up to date with Safety legislation and advise projects on changes in legislation and subsequent compliance requirements.
- Be seen as a highly experienced engineer, and in a Product Safety context be seen as a source of knowledge and a point of contact across both external and internal stakeholder communities for the products they are supporting.
Your skills and experiences:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working within a Product Integrity and Safety Management System.
- Knowledge of a risk based approach to product integrity.
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering Product Safety and Integrity tasks within a product driven business.
- Have a good understanding and demonstrable experience of application of a range of common established Safety management tools, techniques and practices.
- Be a recognised member of a relevant industry wide body, e.g. SCSC, SaRS, IET, IMechE etc.
- Hold acknowledged competency in the field of Product Integrity, Safety and Compliance Engineering.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence Product Integrity & Safety Engineer team:
As part of the Digital Defence Services team within digital intelligence you will be working on cutting edge digital products for our customers which include, British Royal Navy, Canadian Department of National Defence. Aiming to increase and refine capability in the digital arena.
In addition to this you would be joining the governance sector of digital services, supporting system design authorities to oversee the safe and compliant design of all products in this area.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.