Electrician - Maintenance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Electrician - Maintenance
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Shift work when available)
What you’ll be doing:
- Work safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines
- Follow relevant instructions, technical drawings for machine tools and any other specifications
- Planned and reactive maintenance on electrical systems and components, On site Assets
- Carryout fault finding and testing activity
- Use associated tools and equipment safely and effectively
- Understanding of building/electrical regulations and legislation
- Support/mentor apprentices
Your skills and experiences:
- Electrical apprenticeship
- Experience in electrical diagnostics and testing medium Voltage
- Ability to read technical/machine drawings
- Isolation process competent
- Engineering/Industrial environment experience
- Plant maintenance background
- IEE Regulations 17th or 18th Edition & Inspection and Test
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Electrician - Maintenance team:
As an Electrician - Maintenance you will be working as part of the Plant Maintenance team focusing on Electrical aspects of maintenance.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.