Air - Capital Accounting Assistant
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Capital Accounting Assistant
Location: Samlesbury We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure Fixed Asset Verifications are undertaken in line within the prescribed schedule, and all verification recording systems are kept up to date with latest verification activity
- Ensure the Asset Management system is kept up to date and topical with approved Investment Expenditure proposals (IEPs) and other standing data
- Engage and liaise with the capital project delivery functions to obtain up to date and topical information regarding the progress of capital investments
- Review the Capital Summary Status report (SSR) and undertake actions in order to ensure accurate and topical data capture. Collaborate with the Finance Business Partners in order to ensure topicality of information
- Preparation of monthly journals (mainly at period end)
Your skills and experiences:
As a Capital Accounting Assistant, you will need to have excellent communication skills, and be prepared to approach individuals within the business, collaborating with them in order to get the support they require to meet their delivery mandate. You will have worked in a finance role within a business or practice. You will have experience of interaction/communication with different functions/stakeholders not just finance people and be comfortable having face to face conversations and conversations by phone too.
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA and actively studying
- Experience of working and communicating across functions
- IT literate including Excel
- Some knowledge of the Infor LN Enterprise Resource Planning tool (or similar) would be beneficial
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air COO/FCAS Capital Finance Team:
The Capital team within the Chief Operating Officer (COO) are responsible for most Capital projects within the Air business, collaborating with and providing support to both the business and the Finance business partners. This role needs you to work as part of the Capital Hub team (COO and Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS)) requiring the individual to assist in the through life management of Fixed Assets and to support ongoing Capital investment cases across the business. You would be joining the team at an exciting point for Finance as Finance modernisation is implemented across the Finance function. Within the Capability Centres we will drive to enhance our capabilities through specialist focus, consistent ways of working and delivering high quality management information to drive business performance.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
We may close this advert sooner