Senior Project Engineer - Ship Repair
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Project Engineer - Ship Repair
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £47,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Gathering and planning in support of the Upkeep Design Reviews and Technical Bid Reviews
- Handling Engineering queries from Operations
- Getting on-board and looking at Engineering issues and providing resolutions
- Liaising with the Technical Authority to have change requests raised to implement the resolutions
- Handling supply chain queries to ensure the materials and services we procure are right first time
- Investigating and raising design queries for Capability Insertions when changes to design intent are required
- Helping to manage product safety and environmental aspects of the Upkeep
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships systems and equipment
- Knowledge and experience of design support activities, technical investigations and report writing in support of tasking requirements
- Holding professional registration (Incorporated Engineer) or willing to work towards one
- Previous experience liaising with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Electricals /Controls experience
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The T45 Upkeep PEM team:
The T45 Upkeep PEM Team are involved in the planning and execution of all T45 Upkeeps at the Portsmouth Naval Base.
The team consists of several engineers, all at different levels providing an opportunity for team members to gain engineering experience in a busy and dynamic environment leading to promotion and progression for the right person.
We are responsible for the technical aspects of the service that BAE Systems provides to the MoD and the Royal Navy for the T45 Destroyers that we maintain in Upkeep.
This is an exciting time to join the team and currently we are undertaking the largest volume of work on a T45 ever. This will include removing and replacing main propulsion shafts, the removal and replacement of diesel generators including adding a third DG where none existed previously and undertaking a large suite of Capability insertions to increase the capabilities of HMS Dragon.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.