Senior Quality Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £47,940 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing full and effective support, in assigned areas of Quality activity to the business and projects i.e. audits, process management, coaching & training
- Supporting or acting as lead auditor in the planning, conduction and report of system, process and compliance audits
- Identifying and supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Assisting and undertaking process reviews
- Facilitating and liaising with key stakeholders and process owners in non-conformance resolution and corrective actions
- Analysis of data, identifying themes and recommending corrective actions
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Be a quality professional, at least lead auditor status or equivalent experience
- Have a good level of experience in quality or related disciplines
- Have full developed working knowledge of Quality planning and assurance systems; policies, processes, procedures and records
- Membership of Chartered Quality Institute
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The QA team:
As a part of the E&ES quality assurance team, you will be involved in providing quality support in specific projects, as well as maintaining quality management system. This is a fantastic opportunity for a career progression within a growing business line supporting in a range of areas.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.