BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
AIR Job title: Technical Architect
Location: Can be based at any of our BAE Systems UK sites in the South West
Salary: Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Your main responsibilities:
- Assisting with analysis, design, and delivery of solutions to meet programme, business and customer requirements
- Applying engineering expertise to solve complex engineering problems
- Leading, inspiring, and developing engineering teams
- Applying your knowledge of the latest technologies and how they can be applied to complex problems
- Building relationships with customers and partners
Your skills and experiences:
- Systems Engineering
- Leading the technical solution through the whole lifecycle from concept to in-service
- Providing technical leadership of engineering teams
- Understanding customer requirements (both in terms of technology need and operational context
- Integration of Commercial Of the Shelf technologies
- Information Systems and architectures
- MoD or Industry IT projects and programmes
- Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Technical Architect role:
Do you have what it takes to lead solution development and integration in one of the most leading edge areas of BAE Systems? Do you want to design, integrate, and deploy secure information systems to provide operational advantage to our armed forces?
If you feel you have the attitude and ability, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
This is a technical role requiring expertise in the design, development and delivery of secure information or communication systems using the latest technologies. As a Technical Architect you will work closely with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager to successfully deliver our customer commitments. You will have the technical ability, aptitude and confidence in this strong customer facing role to lead an engineering team and be responsible for requirements, design, implementation and delivery, in conjunction with product safety, security and certification.
You may already be in this role but know it by another title such as Design Lead, Design Authority, Solutions Architect, Technical Lead or Chief Engineer; or it may be the next stage in your career.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.