BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Leader
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering the service and product by ensuring that direct reports have purpose and clarity and are empowered to meet key delivery targets within an acceptable timescale and budget
- Helping to deliver key procurement strategies, supporting competitive tendering and major sub-contract negotiation. Responsibility for post contract management and Supplier performance, relationship management and development
- Ensuring that we work to policies and procedures that enhance services / product quality and customer satisfaction
- Working cross functionally to ensure achievement of key knowledge transfer and deployment of best working practices across the business
- Managing behaviours to ensure they are conducive to the required business culture, maintaining a united and professional image
- Maintaining the required levels of reporting across your team associated with; progress in key service delivery phases, cost management, spend management, Supplier Performance, and schedule delivery performance KPI's
- Responsibility for the maintenance and creation of Sub-Contracts and associated Purchase Orders in SAP
- Responsibility for the maintenance and creation of TeamCenter chronicles and workflows
- Where required facilitating and/or leading the LCM requirements associated with the work package and that of the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Full MCIPS Qualification or working towards
- Experience or ability to interpret Supplier performance metrics and to work with suppliers to address performance shortfalls
- A good knowledge of all financial aspects of procurement; cost accountant management reviews and Cost Forecasting through to value for money for the equipment being procured
- Major subcontract management experience, negotiation, and tendering
- Experience of running full Contract Management Reviews with Suppliers
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Procurement team:
This team are responsible for delivering Procurement activity for Onsite Service Contracts, including the execution of the end to end Procurement process, for example the delivery of information, products and services, to quality, cost and schedule requirements. You will manage the supplier performance and improvement activity, including pro-active risk/opportunity management. As well as developing, maintaining and managing stakeholders.
As a Procurement Leader, you will be responsible for a team of professional staff in the delivery of the Dreadnought Supply Chain On Site Service Contracting requirements, ensuring that major manufacturing and technical services supporting boat build are provided within budget and to schedule and in full compliance with the technical and quality requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”