Senior Engineer – JAAT - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – JAAT - Mechanical
Location: Govan / Scotstoun. Onsite.
Salary: up to £46,420 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the necessary documentation (MIs etc.), training & education and specialist tooling is in place with Operations and QC to support correct include operation, installation, setting to work and trials of all Auxiliary components and their supporting equipment and systems as required for Auxiliary Design compliance.
- Support resolution of Auxiliary issues that arise during installation, setting to work and trials in-build, to ensure Auxiliary design requirements are maintained in the built ship, gathering evidence to support Assurance and Acceptance; as well as evidence demonstrating where deviations occur.
- Where design decision making is required to resolve build issues, Auxiliary Cluster Member will support the Cluster Lead and where necessary gather evidence to consult with Auxiliary Technical Authority, as design decision maker.
- Support to planning activities supporting Assurance & Acceptance events leading to completion of Part 1 and Part 2 forms, including Installation Inspections, Harbour Trials and Sea Trials.
- Liaise with the Auxiliary Teams to support measurement and installation activities.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
- Wide Project and Quality Management Experience
- Communication Skills
- Competent in MS packages
- Knowledge of IBM Doors
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Joint Assurance & Acceptance Team (JAAT):
A unique opportunity has arisen fora Senior Engineer – Mechanical in the Joint Assurance and Acceptance Team (JAAT).
You will be part of a Joint BAE and MOD team delivering the Assurance and Acceptance Mechanical scope through the build, Inspection and Testing of the Type 26 Global Combat Ship (GCS). It will give you the opportunity to be involved in the T26 GCS lifecycle and deliver key milestones such as Float off, build completion, Test and Trials including sea trials and Vessel Acceptance on behalf of the business and customer.
Opportunities are also available for career progression and professional development in both technical and managerial career paths.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.