Product Safety Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Product Safety Engineer
Locations: Portsmouth or Bristol, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to £55,800 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding product safety and product environmental requirements
- Preparing and managing Project Safety and Environmental Management Plans to ensure product safety
- Leading Hazard identification, analysis, and review
- Hazard log management
- Analysing product safety risk and its mitigation
- Performing safety review of designs, and verifying safety requirements
- Constructing safety arguments/justifications, produce safety case report
- Supporting Product Safety & Environmental Committees and providing Subject Matter Expert advice to projects
- Safety & Environmental Legislation and Standards, application of the ALARP principle and the domain regulatory requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Product Safety Analysis techniques (HazID, Risk mitigation, assessment, and safety assurance strategies)
- Experience in working within the Defence, Oil and Gas or Nuclear industry or other highly regulated industries
- Experience using a model-based systems approach for Safety
- Understanding of Safety Standards
- Chartered or willingness to work towards
- Understand the general process for product design certification from a product safety and compliance perspective
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Product Safety Engineering and Energy Services Team:
This role sits within Product Environmental for Engineering and Energy Services. You will be joining a medium sized team with Safety and Environmental Subject matter experts providing Safety and environmental assessments and Assurance to internal and external customers.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to join the newly established Engineering and Energy Services Group, which has been created with the strategy of increasing the company capability of service to our current defence customers and to win new work in external markets. You will therefore be working on new products to bring to the market to support the global strategy of achieving Net Zero targets alongside a consultancy offering to support businesses in Engineering and Energy markets.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.