BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: SHE Associate
Location: Glascoed, near Newport – Monmouthshire – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Competitive (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the High Hazard SHE Advisor, the SHE Associate main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting of the activity of reviewing and updating The Site COMAH Safety Report
- Providing a common approach and best practise to the identification of Major Accident Hazards for the site
- Undertaking Past Accident Searches (PAS) and provide findings
- Reviewing and providing feedback regarding, for an example, Fire and Explosion Risk assessments, Human Factors Assessments, Hazard Identification, and Process Risk Assessments
- Liaising with other functions and at all levels in the business, External organizations eg. HSE, National Resource Wales (NRW)
- Supporting emergency response activities for Glascoed site
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience and knowledge of different types of Risk Assessment
- Previous process manufacturing / maintenance SHE experience
- Broad knowledge of different SHE standards and regulations
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to self – motivate
- SHE qualifications
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Land UK and High Hazard team:
The High Hazard Team are located at Glascoed, Monmouthshire and Radway Green, Cheshire. The team are responsible for looking at Human Factor analytics, advising Engineering and project teams on process safety. They are a key link into regulators such as the H&S Executive, the Environment Agency and Natural Resources, Wales.
The team also deal with emergency preparedness and work closely with local authority and emergency services. This role is varied day by day and it has opened a lot of investment for the new MOD NGMS contract, with more projects being generated to improve facilities onsite.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.