Engineering Manager - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineering Manager - Mechanical
Location: Bristol or Portsmouth – Currently 1 or 2 days per week in the office but dependent on business needs - regular travel with customers and suppliers
Salary: Up to £62,900
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and manage technical projects and engineering staff or business partnerships/sub-contracts
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through conceptual and bid phases
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured
- Lead by example, sets high personal standards and willing to travel
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained
Your skills and experiences:
- Good technical engineer expertise from first principals, by experience and expertise, in Marine Engineering mechanical Systems
- Recognised as a specialist within the mechanical and auxiliary engineering discipline
- Experience in an engineering discipline in a senior role that has demonstrated relevant domain knowledge and leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience of shipbuilding, operations processes and modern build strategies
- Experienced in Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes
- Commercial Awareness
- Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Future Projects Team:
You will be part of a dynamic, flexible, and adaptable team, applying cutting edge technology and processes and involved in the conceptual design and development of a new portfolio of Naval warships.
You will have the opportunity to work within the vanguard of technological advance, a role where no two days are the same, as well as the chance for excellent career progression opportunities within the team, and the wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.