Senior Project Controller
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Project Controller
Location: Warton/Samlesbury, hybrid working
Salary: Up to £47,013 depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing and managing the project schedules
- Tracking spend and controlling project costs
- Implementing and utilising Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies
- Supporting the identification and management of risks and opportunities
- Analysing project information to enable early identification of problems and then implementing mitigation actions
- Driving ownership and managing change of the work scope tasks throughout the project team
Your skills and experiences:
- Operated a project control system to define progress & identify programme performance issues
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using toolsets such as MSP, Open Plan or P6
- Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques
- Demonstrable experience of risk, opportunity and change management
- A formal project management qualification such APMP, PMQ, PMP or Prince 2
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be involved in developing and evolving the programmes and technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe. Our opportunities are broad and varied whether it be supporting next generation Tempest fighter aircraft or established in-service programmes such as F-35 and Typhoon.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.