Senior Electronic Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Electronic Engineer
Location: BroadOak, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £55,800 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Design of AC & DC distribution systems including sizing, protection, control, and the specification of power supplies and converters
- Motor drives, control, and positioning systems
- Data links, data protocols, networks, EMC management and verification
- Specification of bespoke procured hardware
- Design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC test houses and customer installations
- Generate design documentation and technical reports
- Interfacing with related disciplines including systems engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Safety, Product Data Management, and manufacturing areas
- Adherence to Engineering Lifecycle and contributing to progress, peer, and design reviews
- Provide Electrical Engineering expertise to the project team to support new developments of an expanding product range as well as supporting upgrades and obsolescence rectification of existing products
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or strongly related subject
- Experience of generating component level designs for introduction into volume production
- Previous experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Familiarity with the Low Voltage directive, Electrical Safety Standards, and EMC qualification to DEF STAN 59-411
- Experience of design proving, integration, and defect resolution
- Experience of gathering of evidence to support acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety
- A rigorous approach to the safety aspects associated with high power/high voltage equipment
- Experience in supporting new electrical circuit board layouts / design and upgrades
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering team:
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for electrical designs relating to Underwater Weapons. The role will provide you with the opportunity to join various complex Underwater Weapon development projects. You will see the full lifecycle and contribute through all phases
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.