Senior Engineer Requirements Management
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer Requirements Management
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £44, 760 - £56,456 (Commensurate with Skills and Experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- This role requires knowledge and experience of the Requirements Engineering Lifecycle. This moves from Requirements Elicitation, Allocation, V&V, Acceptance and beyond.
- Clear management and control of the requirements engineering lifecycle activities are fundamental to customer satisfaction and efficient programme delivery to cost, timescale and quality.
- The role will need to communicate at many, often senior, levels from customer representatives into the BAE Systems organisation, engineering disciplines and ultimately out into industry and the supply chain.
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience across the Requirements Engineering Lifecycle.
- Understand RE across complex systems, systems of systems, projects, technologies, disciplines, and lifecycle.
- Able to understand and communicate effectively key engineering issues to the project team.
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice from other programmes.
- Able and pro-active in drawing on SME capability across the business
- Knowledge and experience of Requirements Engineering in a military fast jet environment.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Engineering Requirements Team:
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer within the Engineering Requirements Team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to analyse complex problems and work autonomously and in a structured manner.
You will have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and be confident liaising with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be creative and will have a proactive approach to problem solving, and adaptable and willing to develop and embrace new approaches and technologies.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.