Data Engineering Team Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Data Engineering Team Lead
Location: Preston or Farnborough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Circa £48,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for leading the delivery of a group of analysis, reporting and visualisation service elements and/or projects - leading on engagement with service customers
- Provide guidance to Lead Data Analysts to scope, design, implement and support analysis, reporting and/or visualisation solutions to address novel or complex customer business questions and needs
- The Data Services Technical Lead is responsible for providing technical review and assurance on a range of data & reporting work delivered across the Data Services team
- Provide guidance on scope, design, implement and support standard procedures, integration and/or reporting solutions to meet business and project requirements
- Will advise Data services Engineers and Analysts on the application of technical processes, track review schedules and completion, and lead/guide team members on awareness of technical risk
- Will have a deep technical knowledge of data warehouse tools and approaches, sufficient to identify both internal and external best practise and share this to improve the quality of work produced across the team and develop the team’s technical capability
- Will lead development and improvement of Data services technical standards and processes to drive continuous improvement
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree in a numerate subject or relevant experience that demonstrates a numerate and analytical mind-set
- Demonstrable experience of applying data & analytics techniques to business problems
- Track record of successfully leading and overseeing data & analytics work packages or projects
- Advanced skill level within necessary key toolsets as relevant to the position, and strive to develop advanced skills though training and application of their learning e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, SSIS, SSRS, Sql, Success Factors reporting
- Team leadership experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Shared Services Data Service team:
The Shared Service Data Service team is responsible to source and ingest data from BAE Systems and external source systems into a Shared Services Data Warehouse, to provide enterprise-wide insights that are both operational and strategic and impact across all levels of the business. The team develop and configure re-useable ETL and ELT patterns and packages, following data warehouse principles and best practices to provide data with high quality and integrity, within the security framework and policies.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.