Software Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Software Team Leader
Location: New Malden
Salary: Up to £63,000 depending on skills & experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the software team and resourcing of the workload within the teams to enable achievement of delivery
- Tracking the monthly spend and reporting of progress to stakeholders
- Managing the software development lifecycle for each piece of work including requirements definition & software design, through to implementation, integration, testing and acceptance
- Aiding the career development of team members including bi-annual performance reviews, defining team development and training and ensuring team members are fulfilling their potential.
Your skills and experiences:
- Software Design (Waterfall and/or AGILE)
- Experience of leading a software team in a complex real time environment
- Programming: e.g: ADA, C++, C#
- Scripting e.g. VB Script, PowerShell
- Software Integration & Testing
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- Windows Operating System and Networking knowledge
- Exposure to COTS Technologies e.g. VMWare
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Submarine Command System Team:
You will be working with a dynamic and enthusiastic Software team who are eager to learn and develop. As Software Team Leader you will support the Submarine Command System Manager in managing the development and delivery of several projects within the Submarine Command System (SMCS) programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.