BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Commercial Manager
Location: Guildford, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £60,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- The role is responsible for providing direct Commercial Management of two large framework contracts (each £100m+).
- Operating within the full commercial life cycle across multiple projects
- Management of our framework bids and contracts with a wide customer base
- Maintaining management information and reporting on contract management aspects of our frameworks during internal reviews and external reviews with our customer.
- Development, review, approval (within Delegation of Authority) and submission of bids and pricing within framework contracts to required timescales. This includes management of additional resource to undertake these activities in support of meeting bid timescales.
- Review of contract terms, assessment of commercial risk and generation of appropriate mitigation actions
- Negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience across a breadth of commercial capabilities including estimating, MOD contract terms, negotiation, pricing and proposal development, risk assessment and commercial agreements.
- An understanding of the commercial approach to partnered arrangements and the skills to manage commercial governance responsibilities in this context.
- Problem solving skills required to understand situations, evaluate options and make specific judgements using technical expertise supported by experience
- Able to lead a small team to delegate to – will allocate work, check on accuracy, completion
- Operating with a high level of business acumen
Commercial and Procurement Team – Team of 5 with potential to expand – wider team of 100 (Digital Intelligence)
The commercial and procurement team are a small team working on a wide range of projects. You will work closely with the Head of Commercial & Procurement to provide Commercial expertise, services, and support on commercial strategy to meet the operational needs of line management.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
CORDA is a Modelling and Analysis consultancy business within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence that specialises in the defence and security sectors. Working across industry and government, we help our clients to make the best use of their data and knowledge to make informed decisions in complex environments.
We are a small and agile team with aspirations for significant growth, and as such require exceptional candidates to join our team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.