Head of Project Controls
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Head of Project Controls
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be leading the Ship build Project Controls, Scheduling and Detail Planning teams to deliver effective planning, performance monitoring and analysis to inform effective decision making, providing support to the IPT Lead under the T26 Programme PMO framework
- The approval of overall programme plans, authorisation of the Performance Measurement Baseline, including the Control Account Plans, schedule and associated budget release together with the Project Director
- The provision of independent evaluation of performance and reporting of the overall programme status and its interfaces
- The implementation of a robust, integrated risk management process & authorisation of contingency
- The development, implementation, and maintenance of a project control system
- Provide the framework within which the Project manages configuration & change
- Responsible for providing leadership and advice in support of Document and Records Management
- The development & management of the Integrated Project Schedule Network and the facilitation/co-ordination of the flow down into the project
Your skills and experiences:
- Successful leadership and delivering results experience within a large-scale project environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and information flow in a matrix environment, possessing a strong aptitude toward working horizontally across business areas and vertically to senior levels of management, providing specialist advice as required
- Experience in a Project Controls role within large, complex infrastructure projects, preferably with a formal professional Project Management qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Type 26 Shipbuild team:
The UK programme developing the Type 26 Global Combat Ships for the Royal Navy is underway. This role is crucial in supporting the IPT Lead under the Programme PMO framework through effective data driven decision making to maximise Type 26 programme performance. The role involves the leadership of a team of Project Controls and Planning managers, liaising with other business functions including Production and Supply Chain to support the delivery of progress and performance information. The successful candidate will have extensive senior stakeholder management experience and will be able to successfully navigate technical and strategic discussions. The role will report to the Programme Delivery Director.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.