Project Control Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AIR -Project Control Lead
Location: Samlesbury or Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Up to £54,098 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring performance and providing trend analysis to determine improvement areas and to support the development of key performance indicators
- Operating a project control system to define progress and identify programme performance issues
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Driving ownership of the work scope tasks throughout the project team
- Managing project scope change and budget, applying Earned Value Management techniques
- Applying risk and opportunity techniques
- Undertaking team leadership responsibilities where necessary
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of operating project control systems, defining progress and identifying performance issues
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using the relevant toolsets
- Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques
- Experience of risk, opportunity and change management
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with previous management experience
- A formal project management qualification (e.g., APMP or Prince 2)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Air Project Control Team:
You will be part of a team of professionals using world-class project control techniques, providing expertise to support the Project Managers in the delivery of large, high value, technically complex and strategically important programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.