Senior Engineer - Product Safety
BAE Systems UK
Location: Isle of Wight
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Product Safety
Location: Cowes, Great Baddow or Broad Oak. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Circa £47,940
What you’ll be doing:
- Being capable of resolving a range of product safety engineering issues and problems in developed technologies
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience of working within a Product Safety Management System (PSMS) including some knowledge of improving or tailoring a PSMS
- Applying knowledge and skills to ensure sound engineering judgments are made in delivering engineering solutions that meet their design intent.
- Being able to understand detailed technical instructions and articulate, with sound written and verbal communication skills in informal and formal settings to inform on complex safety-related technical matters.
Your skills and experiences:
- Hold Engineering/Systems/Safety degree or equivalent that supports IEng status;
- Hold IEng or is working towards IEng status (or equivalent) to gain registration in the short-term;
- Clear understanding of safety engineering & assurance principles
- Knowledge of relevant safety legislation & standards
- Experienced and qualified engineers from other disciplines who display the correct behaviours and have an understanding of safety engineering, will also be considered for this role
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Land Radar team:
This role supporting our radar sector will provide you with the opportunity to develop efficient, yet effective, safety arguments for class-leading radar technologies, with the opportunity for long-term career growth and development, working on unique and exciting projects.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.