Systems Architect RND (Research and Development)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Systems Architect RND (Research and Development)
Location: Warton or Samlesbury. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for this role – please speak to the recruiter for further details
Salary:£49,135 - £70,385 with potential flexibility to accommodate for niche skills/qualifications
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current technologies including best practices, emerging trends and architectural paradigms to inform future direction and strategies within the business
- Supporting development of the technology standards and roadmaps across the workplace portfolios
- Developing system & solution architecture development (inc. platform mission information system & system of system mission information architecture as well as functional architecture)
- Integrating with and developing of systems requirement
- Developing Architecture Vision and candidate solution and & performing trade studies
- Developing Future Business, Information, Application & Solution architectures for our future Product Software Development & Support Enterprise
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of modern hybrid cloud standards and principles
- Proven experience in systems engineering, network design and development
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Zachman and Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundations / Numerate or Computer Science Degree)
- Understanding of SCRUM and agile software development methodologies
- Experience of working across multiple government classifications
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Technology Value Stream team:
Due to continual growth, we’re looking for a Systems Architect to work in the Advance Projects and Technology organisation be based in the UK, within BAE Systems Air.
This is an exciting opportunity contribute to the development of the skills and technology capabilities to help take BAE Systems into the Digital Era.
The successful candidate will work on early lifecycle technology demonstration and development activities as part of the AP&T Technology Capability Delivery team, contributing to the identification and development of digital and information capabilities that can be exploitable and provide value aligned to the needs of the customer or the wider Air Sector busines. Has specific responsibility for developing increasingly formal system and solution architectures as digital capabilities mature from early lifecycle technologies to being mature enough to support production ready services.
They will work with the relevant service delivery organisations and design authorities to ensure these capabilities will transition to work within the target digital environment, whether internal IT, OT or customer facing products and services (including Platform Mission Information System & System of System Mission Information Architecture). They will be specifically involved in the development of the digital and information technologies infrastructure and services via Air Labs and Air Works, helping to evolve into the future digital “Tech Stack” for the Air Sector including, hybrid cloud computing infrastructure, HPC, network and gateway technologies, collaboration technologies; data, AI / ML, API, analytics, automation, digital twin, IoT, user experience and mobile platforms and digital workplace.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.