Master Data Management Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Master Data Management Engineer
Location: Preston / Farnborough
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £35,000+ pending experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducts data analysis techniques in order to identify patterns of activity and conduct root cause analysis
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work, including building and configuration of infrastructure components
- Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines. Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure
- Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
- Provides reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists, users and managers
- Coordinates content management processes to meet the needs of users
- Uses content publishing systems to manage published content across different channels and takes into account any legal issues related to publishing, including that associated copyright concerns are adequately managed
Your skills and experiences:
- A foundation level of experience in delivering objectives in line with some if not all of the Solution Definition Design and Delivery IM&T skill set
- Detailed information on skill set requirements is available on the Information Management and Technology Intranet sit
- Awareness of business unit policies and processes
- Experience of working in an IT Function
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The team: The Shared Services Data & Analytics Hub is at the heart of our company data landscape, bringing together data from our global operations and generating a broad range of insights to inform key business decisions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.