Senior Engineer - Systems - CS Service Transition Ship
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Systems - CS Service Transition Ship
Location: Scotstoun- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46420 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the Service Transition activities at ship; engaging all stakeholders to ensure they are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Define and develop the Release Deployment and Transition processes, through consulting and engaging relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the LBIF team to generate the Release Plan that meets the needs of the ship and considers the programme of work to be delivered by the LBIF
Your skills and experiences:
- Has in depth knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based Service Management (SM); preferably at ITIL Expert level.
- Extensive service transition experience in a fast paced, operationally intensive, networked environment operating under an ITIL based regime
- Ideally has worked in Military or Government IT as well as having Commercial experience.
- Has a reasonable understanding of the technology in use in the Combat System from a management perspective; noting that this is NOT a technical or engineering hands-on role.
- Knowledge of ITIL based Service Management (SM) toolsets, ideally including BMC Remedy and JIRA.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management within BAE.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Maritime Naval Ships team:
You will be shaping & delivering an IT service management construct within a Royal Navy Warship. You must have the ability to shape & define how IT service management is done in Combat Systems for this new project.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation