Change Management Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Change Management Engineer
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: Up to £47,940 depending on skillset and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and leading the engineering Technical Query process through the embodiment phase at a programme level across multiple concurrent platforms to ensure that the ships design integrity is maintained
- Management of Notice of Changes (NOCs) received from the customer and feeding this information back into the engineering review meetings to provide information on the status of Engineering Change projects as required
- Engaging with design authorities to obtain approvals for changes that impact on previous design appraisal/approvals
- Maintaining PIP Configured Design on BAE Portal in line with approved design standard for all ships
- Working with alliance partners and key OEM’s to continually enhance technical artefacts needed to support embodiment, test, commissioning, and acceptance of the Power Improvement Project (PIP) System
- Working with stakeholders to resolve complex specialist installation and commissioning problems and issues using good interpersonal skills to communicate technical design matters
- Working with a high degree of technical autonomy, demonstrating a commitment to professional design engineering principles and values
- Identifying and managing opportunities for improvements in both business processes and project activities and drive continuous improvements actions through to completion
Your skills and experiences:
- Awareness of project-based methodology of managing engineering change project
- Career in engineering or Technical background
- Previous experience with managing Engineering Changes
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical subject (obtained or working towards) and/or relevant experience
- Awareness of defence i.e. Standards / Lloyds Register / Naval Certificates
- Experience in the marine/naval industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Change Management team:
Join the team in driving a large upgrade to the Type 45 destroyers, a crucial role delivering into the MOD and Royal Navy. You will work with experienced engineers assisting your career development with progression opportunities within BAE Systems Maritime Services and wider within BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.