Assistant Project Engineering Manager
BAE Systems UK
Location: Isle of Wight
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Assistant Engineering Manager
Location: Cowes (Isle of Wight) and Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £46,000 Depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- To assist with the resourcing and management of staff and facilities.
- Reviewing with stakeholders to underwrite estimates, schedules and win new business.
- Ensure emerging issues are assessed and where agreed addressed by the engineering team.
- Engineering resolution of issues arising from spares/repairs manufacturing activities.
- Day to day management of engineering activities, including scheduling and chairing Design Reviews.
- Reporting progress on engineering tasks to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure project engineering resource needs are correctly captured and are forecast accurately.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree, HND or HNC qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline or an equivalent level of competence.
- Good knowledge of engineering management processes.
- Knowledge of the complete Engineering Lifecycle with experience of operating across all phases.
- Working with a multi-disciplined team of Engineers.
- Knowledge and experience of understanding and delivering customer requirements. Develop good working relationships with customers and end users, both civilian and military.
- Radar domain knowledge (or similar) enabling good technical challenge and resolution of technical conflict across multiple domains.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Land / Radar team:
An exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to take their first step into a management role. As a member of the Land Radar management team, gaining experience and learning to provide leadership and people management support to the Land Engineering discipline as directed by the Land Project Engineering Manager. Working alongside the team to conduct day to day activities in support to the Land PEM whose overarching activities include design reviews, estimating and bid work.
With ongoing overseas support contracts, and new export orders, there is potential for international travel within the role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.