Air - Mission Planning Senior Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air – Mission Planning Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Warton, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £56,456 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop candidate requirements and generate system specifications against system capability route map objectives
- Proactively engaging with subject matter experts, and Aircrew operators, to review software specifications and design concepts
- Perform product testing and identify resolution plans for identified technical issues
- Support engineering activities leading to the qualification and certification of mission planning capability
- Lead technical reviews with internal and external suppliers, including Typhoon Flight Operations
- Lead presentations and product demonstrations
- Provide input and support to project Engineering Lifecycle Management design review process
Your skills and experiences:
- Hold a degree or equivalent engineering qualification alongside an engineering background
- Experience of taking design requirements and deriving requirements into tangible engineering solutions
- Experience of working with operators, subject matter experts and engineers to resolve engineering problems
- Eurofighter Typhoon ground system and associated mission data knowledge would be highly desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Typhoon Mission Planning team:
As a Mission Planning Systems Engineer supporting the Development Engineering Team, working closely alongside subject matter experts, software engineers and Aircrew operators, you will lead activities across the engineering lifecycle supporting the development and evolution of Sceptre Mission Planning System capability.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.