Assembly Technician (Mechanical)
BAE Systems UK
Location: Isle of Wight
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Assembly Technician (Mechanical)
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
What you’ll be doing:
- Assemble/process product in accordance with defined work instructions/detailed technical drawings
- Repair/modify current and legacy products
- Be able to work to limited data utilising experience
- Use business systems to record product history/compliance
- Support and assist in the training of personnel
- Work unsupervised.
Your skills and experiences:
- Have a detailed understanding of an assembly discipline such as wiring, fitting, PCB assembly, Microelectronics processing or similar
- Be able to perform complex assembly/disassembly or modification tasks on electronic or mechanical components, subassemblies and systems – encompassing new build, repairs products or prototype products.
- Have a range of product experience
- Adhere to Lean Principles and be able to identify and initiate Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Understand and comply with business SHE policies
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Assembly (Mechanical) team:
The team manufacture, repair or modify complex Radar military product. Working on interesting and bespoke projects you will have an opportunity to develop your skills further and a defined career path if desired. The team work to exceed industry standards such as IPC and ANSIJ
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.