Senior Engineer - Systems - MISC Physical Integration
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Systems - MISC Physical Integration
Location: Portsdown/Portsmouth - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £48700 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
Responsible for the provision of all Physical Integration services, specifically:
- Provision of Physical Integration outputs for all matters appertaining to the MISC T45, QEC, T26 and any other future platforms, and future MISC developments;
- Develop bid packages for supply contractors and major system components.
- Review reports related to Non Conformance by subcontractors and suppliers as required.
- Leading the installation of Combat System Equipment and associated infrastructure;
- Management and utilisation of Physical Integration / Maintenance staff;
- Provision of SME support for future platform requirements.
- Act as Key Technical Engineer on MISC CCB’s and other key lifecycle meetings eg CDR/II
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience in combat system engineering or other defence industry;
- Experience within a Naval Combat Systems Environment across multiple lifecycle phases;
- Understanding of LCM & the Engineering Lifecycle
- AutoCAD experience
- Previous experience of Physical Integration deliverables and a working knowledge of company procedures for same.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Maritime Naval Ships team:
As a Senior Physical Integration Engineer you will be performing numerous roles such as developing the integration of their customer requirements and installation, through to test & capability. You will also be provided with qualification support when required and there is great career progression.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.