PIP Senior Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: PIP Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Birkenhead/ Portsmouth
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: up to £47,940 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage engineering Technical Query/Change process to ensure the ships design integrity and configuration is maintained. This will involve solving complex engineering issues, presenting change status to the project and coordinating between a large number of technical SMEs.
- Manage onsite BAE Systems OEM embodiment activities in accordance with contractual requirements and BAE Systems Contractor Management Process, resolving any emergent issues or requirements for support
- Represent BAE Systems at System/Compartment Installation Inspections as well as STW and Commissioning activities
- Work with a high degree of technical autonomy, demonstrating a commitment to professional engineering principles and values
- Identify opportunities for improvements in both business processes and project activities
Your skills and experiences:
- Essential to have good technical knowledge of mechanical systems
- Essential to have a good understanding of engineering design, integration and acceptance process
- Essential to have a strong understanding of safety and be familiar with working in a production environment, ideally in the Marine and/or Defence Sector
- Essential to have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ideally has experience in surveying and Setting to Work engineering design installations
- Ideally has good awareness of BAE Systems, MoD or other defence organisation life cycle management toolset
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Mechanical Engineer team:
This role is diverse, and no two days are the same. Being a key role in a dynamic team presents an amazing opportunity to be involved in nearly all aspects of the project. The role requires the candidate to work closely with key partners, MOD and the Royal Navy, to resolve interesting and unique problems.
There exists opportunity to develop engineering competencies for professional status and wider opportunities within BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.