BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Samlesbury or Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £43,800 - £62,900 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership and management for the assigned project or programme
- Managing and reporting project or programme performance for schedule, technical, financial and quality objectives
- Financially plan and achieve acceptable business financial objectives
- Establishing and maintain strong customer and supplier relationships maintaining regular communications and managing expectations
- Taking responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction
- Proactively manage emerging risks and opportunities to the benefit of the project/programme
- Develop the performance of subordinates using appropriate objectives and ensuring continuous coaching to enhance their capability
- Demonstrating visible leadership commitment to enable the delivery of improved process performance and personally influence the focus on safety, quality and operational excellence
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience delivering complex projects achieving stakeholder success criteria such as time, cost and quality requirements, using a defined project management methodology
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation with strong stakeholder management experience
- Roles typically require a University Degree, or a substantial amount of practical knowledge gained through experience
- A formal project management qualification such APMP, PMQ, PMP, Prince 2, degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with previous management experience
The Air Project Management Team:
As a leader of a Project Delivery team, you will lead the successful delivery of one of a number of highly complex programmes across a number of areas of the Business. We’d like to give you the opportunity to inspire teams, lead with integrity, communicate with stakeholders effectively and deliver timely, accurate information with which to make decisions to help ensure projects deliver required outcomes.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.