BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Christchurch, Dorset – Multiple locations can be considered and we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £32,000 + Depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for the delivery of all Project Accounting information, including CSRs / SSRs and summarising key messages of the project portfolio
- Actively assist in bid preparation and provide support to ensure financial integrity across the projects
- Production of accurate financial forecasting for both new and existing business, flagging any risks, opportunities and variance within the account
- Establish an effective working relationship with the Project Management teams in their respective account areas and be seen as the primary point of contact for Finance by the Project teams
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong Business Acumen
- Willingness to learn and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA, or equivalent proven experience
- Project Accounting experience
- Ability to use IT to drive business improvements and enhance management reporting
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.