Senior Engineer - Production Design (FEA)
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Production Design (FEA)
Location: Govan / Scotstoun
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £43,000 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Engineering support to shipyard production and consolidation processes with respect to structural design and analysis.
- The design of Ship/Block support structures such as stools, cradles & jigs.
- Undertaking FEA analysis as part of the Production Design Team.
- Undertake FEA of ship structures and support structures, applying multiple load cases in accordance with project guidelines.
- Provision of solutions to general structural & build strategy/consolidation problems.
- Present solutions to key stakeholders.
- Peer reviewing of other team members drawings & calculations.
Your skills and experiences:
- Understanding of FEA analysis and be able to apply it to design
- Able to produce drawings and manual calculations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Communication skills
- Experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Marine background
- Knowledge of heavy Lifting
- AutoCAD and MathCad experience
- Degree Qualified in Naval Architecture or other engineering related discipline
- Meeting or working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Production Design Team:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer on the Production Design Team. You will be working as part of the team who are involved in supporting of building the ship and equipment installations.
You will be a proactive individual and a problem solver, with the ability to work within a tight knit team, dealing with new challenges every day, solving problems, and implementing solutions.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.