SW Developer XD (11) 1 of 6
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Developer
Location: Yeovil. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £44,000- £60,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing technical solutions and providing software development of those solutions
- Testing involved in verifying the above, with supporting system test and integration activities
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Generation and management of requirements and production of technical documentation
- Estimating and reporting progress
- Leading a moderate sized team of software developers and being responsible for the required deliverables (This will be required for higher grade Software Developers only).
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work of the team
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and reporting on progress
- Coaching more junior staff in software development, and leading a team of software developers, while being responsible for the required deliverables. (This will be required for higher grade Software Developers only).
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong C++, Java, and Linux development experience
- Experience of modern libraries including STL, Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals
- Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Experience of scripting languages e.g. Ruby, Python, Bash, Docker
- VoIP/VTC standards
- Previous coaching and team leadership experience will be required for a higher level Software Developer positions
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
The product development and solutions team are operating in a dynamic market. The team is responsible for the development of world-leading network security and communication appliances that operate at multi-gigabit speeds, combining software and custom hardware.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.