Engineering Manager – Governance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineering Manager - Governance
Location: Warton- we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £62,900 dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Governance and Assurance across all live contracts, including issue resolution and Operational Framework requirements
- Ensure consistent Governance and assurance information is provided for all Air Service products
- Ensure Quality Management Reviews are held, driving quality improvements across products and services
- Work into each of the Air Service Capability Team to ensure that ‘Evidence Based Assurance’ is carried out, to determine the Air Service compliance against Policy and Mandate and ensure data is available for the Engineering Assurance Statement
- Support the Air Service Engineering Strategy and transformation initiatives
- Ensure all Governance and assurance dependencies are understood, proactively managed and delivered
- Provide leadership across the team
Your skills and experiences:
- Extensive governance experience within a systems/ software environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Extensive product knowledge within Air
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven delivery experience
- Knowledge of the full lifecycle within a support environment
- Knowledge of the quality function
- Educated to Degree level within (Engineering) or relevant working experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Engineering Governance team:
As an Engineering Manager – Governance, you will be responsible for the critical governance of Air Service products and services across multiple contracts. The complexity of products and contracts demand the requirement for robust and consistent governance, export control and legislation across Capability Teams.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career within BAE Systems due to exposure gained across multiple business areas.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation