Skills Development Coach (Mechanical)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Skills Development Coach (Mechanical)
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspiring a culture of excellence and design and inspiring high performance amongst learners, role modelling a culture of proud professionals
- Delivering Mechanical trade training lessons in a safe, inspiring and impactful manner to ensure positive learning outcomes for all
- Develop Mechanical training and assessment methodologies that meet individual apprentice production and business needs
- Providing effective safeguarding, welfare and support arrangements for apprentices and other learners
- Maintaining Academy Diamond Standard in all activities
Your skills and experiences:
- Skilled time served individual with relevant occupational competence to a minimum of SVQ/NVQ 3 or equivalent, including academic qualifications (Mechanical Fitting)
- Experience of developing innovative teaching, learning and assessment methods that inspire apprentices to achieve
- Passionate about training and development with a good knowledge of factors affecting delivery
- Training & Development qualifications at L3 or above or prepared to work toward
- Knowledge of reactor build would be advantageous
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Skills Delivery team:
This is a dynamic opportunity to join the growing Skills Delivery function in which you will deliver and develop the training curriculum for the trade while building your knowledge. There are options available to progress your career into leadership and management roles in this space if so desired.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.