Lead Project Professional - Delivery
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Project Professional - Delivery
Location: Barrow. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £43,373+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with enterprise partners as part of a multi business team, to enable delivery of the Dreadnought programme
- Lead multiple projects/workstreams e.g. opportunities/enabling/risk mitigation. Will be running 4 to 5 projects at any one time Collaborating with internal and external partners such as Rolls Royce and the MoD
- Definition of projects and development of business cases
- Enable and facilitate decision making and escalating where required
- Risk mitigation & opportunity realisation
- Time management
- Change management
- People manager responsibilities in this role
- Supporting & developing junior team members
- Progress reporting
Your skills and experiences:
- Must have Project Management experience, delivered projects end to end and ran multiple projects concurrently
- APMQ or proven experience in a PM role
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans
- Microsoft Projects experience
- Experience managing teams
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Dreadnought Whole Boat Integration team:
This role sits within our Dreadnought Whole Boat Integration team. the newly stood-up Power and Propulsion System Integration Group enables the Dreadnought build programme by delivering small to medium sized projects that reduce risk to the build programme. With our diverse portfolio of projects, you will be working with stakeholders at all levels and there is plenty of opportunity to bring your own experience to the team as well as learn something new. You will be working closely with enterprise partners as part of a multi business team, to enable delivery of the Dreadnought programme.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.