Senior Commercial Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Commercial Officer
Location: Christchurch, Dorset. Other base locations considered: Hillend or Yeovil. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46,000 depending on experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing Bids and Contracts
- Reviewing and obtaining authorisation to agree contract terms and conditions
- Developing and presenting business review materials
- Contributing to development of business, proposal and contract models
- Commercial review of all plans, estimates and artefacts and to ensure compliance
- Engaging with central functions to address specific compliance issues (Legal, Tax, Offset etc)
- Supporting Supply chain through proper flow of contractual obligations
- Negotiating contracts and solutions ensuring compliance with business requirements
Your skills and experiences:
- Broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices
- Good understanding of contract terms, contractual and legal frameworks
- Good understanding of Commercial interaction with customer support, finance, legal, procurement, project/programme management, engineering, business development, sales etc
- An understanding of the defence sector and the associated communications landscape with some awareness of international competitors and partners
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.