Service Desk Team Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Service Desk Team Lead
Location: Warton/Samlesbury/Preston. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £49,135 + depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of the D&A Service Desk team ensuring SLA’s are maintained
- Responsible for ensuring all incidents, problems, access requests and service requests are assessed, triaged and resolved to agreed SLA’s
- Maintaining high performance levels for service-related processes, and implementing improvement activities wherever necessary
- Taking accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, and driving future demand
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures and all other ITIL practises related to service delivery
- Responsible for leading a team of 4 direct reports
Your skills and experiences:
- Information Technology (IT) Knowledge
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Managing IT service desk experience
- Qualification in ITIL or equivalent experience
- Experience in Data & Analytics applications
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Data & Analytics Service Operations team:
The Team are focused on ensuring service levels are met or exceeded and promoting continual service improvement across the D&A Organisation.
As the Service Desk Team Lead, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, coordination and delivery of Support Services within the D&A Service Operations team and will operate under an ITIL Framework.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.