BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Quality Manager
Location: Radway Green, We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring operational compliance to specifications & quality standards e.g. ISO9001
- Driving and supporting targeted Continuous Improvement activities with a zero-defect mindset
- Supporting resolution of quality issues, the internal audit process, and external audits
- Reviewing of Shop Floor Records, technical specifications, and drawings, inspect ‘First Off’ items for Quality Department approval and approve Certificates of Conformity
- Monitoring and analyse reject data, present information to management
- Continually improving your own understanding of lean manufacturing methods, and core tools (including VSM, Root Cause Analysis, 8D, Six Sigma, TOC
- Encouraging and assist in the development of others, across BAE Systems
Your skills and experiences:
- Science / Engineering degree, HNC, HND or time served apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor certification
- Experience of working in a high-volume production environment delivery mission or safety critical products
- Demonstrated track record of implementing Quality management tools: (VSM, Root Cause Analysis, 8D, Six Sigma, or TOC)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Quality team:
As a Quality Manager you will lead the site quality team who is responsible for delivering 5.56mm and 7.62mm ammunition to an international customer base in a high-volume manufacturing facility. You will be interacting directly with the customer to ensure critical products are delivered to the highest industry standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.