C++ Software Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: New Malden
Salary: £32,000 - £65,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyse software requirements and create design updates to support the software implementation, ensuring that the overall system will behave according to its requirements
- Write software according to coding standards and maintain existing software by investigating issues and identifying pragmatic solutions
- Write software test schedules and run them to test the system, demonstrating compliance with the requirements
- Document appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system
- Contribute to process improvement within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works
- Liaise with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood
Your skills and experiences:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering or a defence/related industry
- A solid understanding of at least a few of the following disciplines is essential:
- Structured Software Design, using formal methods
- Coding standards
- Programming: C++, C#
- Software Integration & Testing
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- Familiarisation with Windows Operating System (Client & Server) and other COTS technologies
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Submarine Command Systems Team
This is an exciting time to join our SCS Team. You will be working with a dynamic and enthusiastic Software team who are eager to learn and develop. You will support the Submarine Command System Manager with the delivery of several projects within the Submarine Command System (SMCS) programme (Principal Position).
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.